[3830] Commonwealth VE7JH(@VE7UF) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth VE7JH(@VE7UF) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2014 17:50:49 +0000
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest

Call: VE7JH
Operator(s): VE7JH
Station: VE7UF

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Vancouver Island, BC
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
   80:   25
   40:  119
   20:  220
   15:  196
   10:  169
------------
Total:  729  Total Score = 8,575

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

With the great conditions on the high bands I easily surpassed last year's
result.
I tried to put in a full 24 hour effort for Team Canada Polar BERUs but my old
bones just could not take the rigors of contesting. Time to stock up on Red
Bull.
I entered as assisted and used the skimmer spots hoping to generate more action
during the slower times. I must say it made virtually no difference.

Guest operating from VE7UF's contest station on Vancouver Island I used a
network of computers for logging so if we QSY'd and you got an out-of-sequence
serial number from me I hope you copied what I sent. Rest assured every serial
number was given out only once, but mayheps not in the right order...

Great fun on the three high bands. The low bands were not too good to Europe
from VE7-land, but great activity Down Under, the 59 VK and 51 ZL QSOs in the
log are the proof.
382 UK contacts, 195 Canadian and 42 from the rest of the world.

I don't know if it was just better conditions, but it seems to me that activity
improved over last year, hopefully a great number of logs wil be sent in.

73,
Gabor, VE7JH