[3830] Commonwealth VE3JM Open-24 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth VE3JM Open-24 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 01:35:44 +0000
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest

Call: VE3JM
Operator(s): VE3JM
Station: VE3JM

Class: Open-24 HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  150
   40:  264
   20:  295
   15:  271
   10:  243
------------
Total: 1223  Total Score = 11,890

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

With the plaque that was sent to me for winning 12-hour Open category last year,
Peter VP8GQ/G3LET also sent a nice book with the history of the contest until
1996.

The book has a lot of familiar calls and also pictures of some contesters.
Seeing a picture of VK3MR took me back to my teenage years in Yugoslavia when
we could work Snow regularly in the evenings on 40 with a low dipole and 50
Watts.

I felt that awarding a plaque for a 12-hour effort was a bit too much, so I
wanted to make a full-time effort this year.

Good conditions, a lot of rare countries, but there were also long periods with
very low activity.