[3830] Commonwealth ZL6HQ(ZL2BR) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, 2bfrank@orcon.net.nz
Subject: [3830] Commonwealth ZL6HQ(ZL2BR) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 08:41:37 +0000
                    RSGB Commonwealth Contest

Call: ZL6HQ
Operator(s): ZL2BR
Station: ZL2BR

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: New Plymouth, NZ
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
   80:
   40:   67
   20:  168
   15:  187
   10:   95
------------
Total:  524  Total Score = 6,055

Club: NZART

Comments:

The operators who kept ZL6HQ on the air for this contest over the past few years
had other things on this year, so it was my turn to operate as the NZART HQ
station.

HF propagation conditions were probably the best since 2001, but there were
still many slow periods the during daylight hours, which for me were a good
times for a couple of naps.

Made most UK contacts ever, but 82 VE and 62 VK contacts were certainly much
fewer than years gone by. A break-down of the 190 unique UK calls worked
revealed some stats which may be of interest to some.
G3 etc includes GW GM etc)

G2 - 2
G3 �" 85
G4 �" 49
G0 - 22
G5/6/8 �" 5
M1 �" 1
M0 - 17
Other special calls �" 9

Forgot to check my 80m antenna before the contest so was very disappointed to
discover it was o/c somewhere and so was unable to operate on that band.

What category was I? As HQ stations are listed separately in the results,
should there not be a separate HQ category? As it stands now HQ stations have
to choose a listed category that fits their operating set-up, eg. which seems a
little odd to me.

73, Frank ZL2BR/ZM2B