[3830] WiQP WA0MHJ SO Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa0mhj@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WiQP WA0MHJ SO Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 01:10:56 +0000
                    Wisconsin QSO Party

Call: WA0MHJ
Operator(s): WA0MHJ
Station: WA0MHJ

Class: SO Mobile LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:   61     0
   20:   49     0
   15:   16     0
   10:    0     0
    6:    0     0
    2:    0     0
  UHF:    0     0
--------------------
Total:  126     0  Mults = 38  Total Score = 16,364.0

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

I started the day late, so I ran the route in reverse and trimmed it to four
counties only. Driving solo with the operating position in the rear seat of the
Suburban necessitated drive and park operation.
I started in the parking lot of a sports bar where inside everything was in
full swing. (Yes a Sunday afternoon polka band / dance.) Without a dance
partner, I continued down the road.
I finished the contest at a "way off the beaten path" little
bar/restaurant, where I persuaded them to allow me to enjoy a cold one while
finishing the last 15 minutes. Curiosity by the locals, and I told them to tap
on the truck window, and I gave them a quick tour of what I was doing. Back
inside for a dinner plate size pulled pork sandwich, and I then left for home.
Thanks for all the Q's in the short burst I was on. For me 15 meters seemed
very hot. Too bad there was not more activity there.