[3830] WPX SSB AK1W(K5ZD) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5zd@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB AK1W(K5ZD) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 00:08:52 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: AK1W
Operator(s): K5ZD
Station: K5ZD

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: W1
Operating Time (hrs): 15.3

------------
  160:    2
   80:   77
   40:   98
   20:  439
   15:  384
   10:  619
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

SO1R operation fooling around when I should have been working on many other
things!

Couldn't get any runs going on the first day. Ended up tuning around chasing
mults.

Second day was much better.  10 meters produced some big rates on Sunday
morning.  The JAs on Sunday evening were as loud as I have ever heard them.

Sunspot maxima are fun!

Lots of splatter and wide signals out there.  Two very bad ones were TM6M and
IB9T.  We need a better way for people to know how to set their mic gain and
compression.  Many signals were very loud, but sounded terrible.