[3830] WPX SSB KV4QS/8 SOSB40(R) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KV4QS/8 SOSB40(R) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 01:27:13 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: KV4QS/8
Operator(s): KV4QS
Station: KV4QS

Class: SOSB40(R) LP
QTH: Ohio County, WV
Operating Time (hrs): 14.6

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  500
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

K3 / N1MM / 40m OCF dipole .  Operated /8 from Ohio County, WV.  My goal was
200K points, 500Qs and at least 220 WPX . . . . done, done and done.   Unless I
blow up my score in log checking, I believe I've exceeded the W8 SOLP40,
non-assisted record. The last 60Qs were very tough, mainly because I elected to
stop early Saturday night.  I blame the cold weather: the hamshack isn't heated,
it was snowing, I've been in Miami all winter, and I just couldn't take the cold
anymore.  Definitely will add a wood burning stove this fall.  Many thanks for
the Qs, and many, many thanks for the nice rag chews during the slow periods on
Sunday afternoon.   73 KV4QS