[3830] WPX SSB AL9A SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, al9a@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB AL9A SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 04:54:55 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: AL9A
Operator(s): AL9A
Station: AL9A

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: Wasilla, AK
Operating Time (hrs): 17:04

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:   45
   20:  233
   15:  503
   10:  537
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Good news, bad news.  Good news - EU was open virtually around the clock!  Bad
news - EU was open virtually around the clock!  Why is this bad?  Because
usually EU eventually goes silent and all those US/VE stations start turning
their beams west and can hear AK! The long EU openings cost me many prefix
mults to the lower 48 because they were always working EU! Too much of a good
thing I guess.

Can't complain too much though, as this was my second best score ever. About
200,000 less points and 21 fewer mults than my 2011 score, but ran about 8.5
hours less op time. With fewer family conflicts I probably could have had my
best score ever.  Oh well, C'est la vie! It will no doubt be tougher next year
with the solar cycle getting very long in the tooth.  Fun weekend!