[3830] WPX SSB K5EWJ SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wrcooke@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB K5EWJ SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2014 14:41:56 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB

Call: K5EWJ
Operator(s): K5EWJ
Station: K5EWJ

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Santa Fe, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 32.49

------------
  160:    3
   80:   14
   40:   54
   20:  124
   15:  174
   10:  323
------------

Club: Texas DX Society

Comments:

My equipment was a TS-480 and SPE 1K-FA Amp, 3 element SteppIR with 40 dipole,
60 ft vertical wire for 80 with trap and extension for inverted L on 160.
Conditions could have been better as Saturday had light rain all day with not
enough to wash the insulators, just enough to wet the dirt and make noise.
Storms in the area on Friday night made the low bands very noisy and difficult.
 No DX on 160, just a few contacts from the multi-multi operations.  80 was a
bit better, but not all that good.  Not many station, but some good Europeans
on Sat/Sun period.  I have seen more countries in the World Wide CW, but most
of the regular countries showed.  I was glad to see A73A for my all mode DXCC
#335/322.  This is a new high score for me, but it is harder to keep on
trucking during the wee hours.