[3830] 7QP N7J(@W7VO) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w7vo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] 7QP N7J(@W7VO) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 04 May 2014 18:30:35 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: N7J
Operator(s): W7VO W7VOX KG7ASQ K5IRT KD7LHB AE7FI AA7PT KE7TUU W6WHD W7EWB W7CAR
Station: W7VO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Scappoose, OR
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:   0       0      0
   80:   0      36      0
   40:   0      97      0
   20:   0     577      0
   15:   0     285      0
   10:   0       0      0
    6:   0       0      0
    2:   0       0      0
----------------------------
Total:   0     995      0  Mults = 69  Total Score = 137,034

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

This was our 4th year hosting the event as N7J, with guest operators from the
local Columbia Amateur Radio Club. Our purpose, as usual, was to get
"non-contesters", involved with a low key/fun contesting opportunity.
Lots of contacts made, lots  of food eaten (almost too much!), and a lot of
great socializing. We came very close to 1,000 QSOs, which gives us a goal for
next year!

The high bands were unpredictable, with major QSB on both 15M and 20M on
occasion, and some paths that were open for brief times when they weren't
supposed to be. 10M sounded like a ghost band here in the Northwest, it was
essentially vacant of activity.

Murphy kept at bay for the most part, except for some intermittent volume
issues with the 4 port headphone amp, which would decide to suddenly lower its
volume, then come back about 5 minutes later. By the afternoon it had decided
to behave, and the station played well for he rest of the test.

The work we had done on the previous Thursday to replace the driven elements on
the TH6DXX was certainly worth it, as there were no SWR issues when the antenna
got wet.

Kudos to the organizers (the CODXC) for another great 7QP!

73;

Mike, W7VO