[3830] NewEngQP N1DC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1dc@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP N1DC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 01:25:48 +0000
                    New England QSO Party

Call: N1DC
Operator(s): N1DC
Station: N1DC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Braintree MA
Operating Time (hrs): 11

   80:     78       28
   40:    182       28
   20:    162       75
   15:     54
   10:     10
------------------------
Total:    486      131  Mults = 72  Total Score = 79,488

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to Tom and the entire NEQP crew for another great event!

I had my best ever Saturday with 500+ QSO's. I knew I was going to have very
little time on Sunday due to family activities and needed a good Saturday. I
did manage to squeeze in 9-10AM and 6:40-8PM on Sunday. This really helped my
score.

Overall this was my best effort with 617 QSO's and a new Norfolk County MA
record (I broke my old record by 3,200 points).

I was really hoping for some new multipliers Sunday evening on 10M but the band
was totally dead. Same for 15M. I was very surprised to end up with only 10 QSOs
on 10M. I went to 20M for about 20 minutes and then had a very nice run on 40M
to close out the contest. I picked up 4 new mult's in the last hour.

Highlights:

42 NE counties (best ever for me), 46 states, 8 provinces, 18 countries
Having ZL3TE call me on a very quiet 10M Saturday evening
Working 131 SSB QSO's (not bad for a CW Op !)

Thanks to the many stations I worked on several bands/modes. These QSO's really
helped my score. Special thanks to all the DX stations that participated.

Station:

TenTec Omni 7 @ 100W, 4 Element yagi @ 30ft 10/15/20, dipoles for 40/80 at 35ft

MFJ Differential T tuner, WinKeyer USB, Bencher paddle

Computer:  Windows 7 PC running N1MM

73  Rick  N1DC