[3830] 7QP W7BRO Cnty Exped SO LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP W7BRO Cnty Exped SO LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 03:50:48 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party

Call: W7BRO
Operator(s): W7BRO
Station: W7BRO

Class: Cnty Exped SO LP
QTH: ORKLA/LAK
Operating Time (hrs): 11

  160:
   80:
   40:   36
   20:  254    108
   15:  200     98
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  490    206      0  Mults = 58  Total Score = 107,300

Club:

Comments:

I couldn't make my primary site due to snow on the roads, so settled for a site
about 8 miles south of Hwy 31 on the Klamath & Lake county line.

Used a trailer-mounted tower with a tribander for the high bands, which worked
very well, and withstood the winds.  I put up a 40 meter delta loop, but had
generator-induced noise on that band.

Got a late start, due to moving the delta loop in hopes of improving the noise
level, but that proved unsuccessful.  Worked the high bands fine, but only did
a little S&P on 40 until the noise convinced me I should knock off early.

Great overall experience.