[3830] NewEngQP NF4A M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nf4a@knology.net
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP NF4A M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 07 May 2014 02:18:08 +0000
                    New England QSO Party

Call: NF4A
Operator(s): NF4A+CLUSTER
Station: NF4A

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Florida
Operating Time (hrs): 8.6

   80:     15        1
   40:     49       21
   20:     68       46
   15:     15        7
   10:
------------------------
Total:    147       75  Mults = 58  Total Score = 21,402

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

At the end of the first day, I was on target to have a sweep and a great score,
based on the schedule of the mobiles for Sunday. However, enter the tower crew
from hell.....I had to be at one of my broadcast towers at first daylight
Sunday morning so that the US Coast Guard's contractor could replace a vital
piece of equipment that was mounted on my tower 900 ft above ground. My FM
broadcast antenna was just above the equipment on the tower so I had to be
there to turn down the power from the normal 100kw ERP so a safe level for the
tower crew to do the work-and be there to insure that the power stayed at that
safe level....long story short, the tower crew from hell took 10 hours to do
what normally is a 2.5 hour job. Needless to say, my NEQP hopes quickly went
down the drain....but, today there was solace in the mail.....my 2 plaques for
futherest clean sweep and #1 US M/S for the 2013 NEQP.  There's always next
year as they say.