[3830] WPX CW RM2D(SM6LRR) SOSB80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW RM2D(SM6LRR) SOSB80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 May 2014 17:33:17 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: RM2D
Operator(s): SM6LRR
Station: RM2D

Class: SOSB80 HP
QTH: Vereya
Operating Time (hrs): 7

------------
  160:
   80:  308
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club:

Comments:

Limited operation due to family committments.

Great fun as always, but 80 meter is not an ideal band at this time of course.
Too much day light and challenging to reach North America and Japan.

Most interesting contacts:  RI1ANT. CE3EEA and YE1K (All three new countries on
80, thanks!)

Most amazing happening:  After being wrongly spotted as RM3D, heeps of stations
wanted new contacts. Many of them of course DUPES, but quite a few pushing for
"new contacts". Just wonder if people nowadays only look at cluster
and RBN, and never bother to check who is on frequency or if call was spotted
incorrectly?  I was even spotted a second time as RM3D despite the fact I was
trying to ID double times in order to avoid more dupes...

Most unsportsmanlike incident:  Despite being on a very quiet and free
frequency for long time, all of a sudden a "deaf" DP3D appeared
directly on my frequency without even bothering once to check if frequency was
occupied. My new German friend was informed politely in the beginning that
frequency was busy (something he could not have missed due to the fact I was
probably 20 over S9 in Germany as well. Polite words did not help for this ugly
duckling and the guy who had been on the frequency for 20-25 minutes had to
move...  BAD Ham Spirit Mr DP3D...  That call I will remember for a long time,
be sure1

Apart from that, great contest and excellent operators in general.

73 de RM2D (SM6LRR), Mats