[3830] WPX CW K0AV(@W0DLE) M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, cgerarden@atomix.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW K0AV(@W0DLE) M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 00:29:11 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K0AV
Operator(s): K0AV WB0GAZ W2UP K7TD W0DLE
Station: W0DLE

Class: M/S LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:    4
   80:   40
   40:  293
   20:  719
   15:  788
   10:   52
------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Thanks to the crew who kept the station staffed for the entire 48 hours.
We ran MS/LP this year as it was a new category and wanted to help build
interest there. We also wanted to build on our past successes in MS/LP since
the station is off-grid and an HP effort requires a large fuel expense to run
the generators. Band conditions were not too bad here but the low bands had
the
usual noise and fewer DX QSOs. We beat our last year MS/HP score by a huge
margin so it shows how keeping the chair filled really helps the final result.
I hope there was some good participation in this first year category.
Thanks to Alan, K0AV for letting us use his call. Now he gets all the QSLs.

Chuck,
W0DLE, and the K0AV MS/LP crew