[3830] WPX CW K6CSL SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6csk@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW K6CSL SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 02:45:34 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: K6CSL
Operator(s): K6CSL
Station: K6CSL

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: SJV
Operating Time (hrs): 27:31

------------
  160:    0
   80:    0
   40:   29
   20:   78
   15:   48
   10:    8
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Certainly not the best I have ever done from this station(2012-244x195=105,690),
but not the worst(2013-132x105=31,080) but got 1st place SO-LP in SJV in both.
Saturday when I started on 20, I thought from the noise and number of stations
that there had been a solar storm. Conditions did improve, but not greatly. It
turned into a battle for almost every QSO. I did carefully adhere to my plan to
make sure that every USA contact I made was for a multiplier. This was the first
major outing for my new HyGain 12AVQ Vertical that now resides behind my mobli
home.(it isn't visible above my roof) Of course it's restricted to 20, 15 and
10m, but I fudge it to 40m with a tuner and it is comparable to my Delta Loop.
It is clearly an advantage on 20 and 15. It just seemed like 10m just never
really opened here. I'm clearly reserving any judgement until I see what others
thought of the conditions. I did think they weren't the best. I see the Solar
Flux didn't get above 112 and wondering if it will be better or worse by
IARU/WRTC time in July. Bert, K6CSL