[3830] WPX CW WS7L SO(A)AB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WS7L SO(A)AB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 03:55:57 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WS7L
Operator(s): WS7L
Station: WS7L

Class: SO(A)AB HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 25

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   43
   20:  313
   15:  269
   10:   48
------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Band condx were mixed. 10 meters barely showed up, mostly domestic and SA from
here in the Northwest. Not a single European or African was heard on 10. 15
meters did not seem very "hot" but everyone was there and hearing
well even though signals were generally not loud. It stayed open to EU
remarkably late. 20 was great, could always find someone to work and managed to
easily bag a few that often hard from here like 4X, HZ, A6, and 4J. The JY
eluded me though ... this is not a contest where you help your score by getting
into a DX pileup, and he was buried in callers every time I checked on him.

I decided recently to learn to use a single lever key, and on the theory that
you never really learn a weapon until you use it in anger, I hand-keyed a lot
of the exchanges instead of letting the computer do it. It worked pretty well,
only had to make a correction on a few occasions.

73 and thanks for the Q's,
Carl WS7L