[3830] WPX CW WX3B M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wx3b@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WX3B M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 05:24:18 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B K3WI
Station: WX3B

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 13:24

------------
  160:    0
   80:   42
   40:   28
   20:  705
   15:  830
   10:   47
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to my good friend Bill K3WI for joining me in this fun contest!!

We invented a new category, the "12 hour sprint" and we focused
operations between 7:00am and 7:00pm Saturday, and challenged Team KD4D at
N3HBX to slice the same 12 hours out of their log for a head to head contest -
and that made this even more fun!

Got home just after 11:00pm Friday night and had to sample the bands so I
started on 80 and had a half decent run even though it was hard to hear.
Switched to 15 after midnight and was surprised to be able to work JA, BG, BY,
and VK within minutes.  QSYed to 20 and noticed it was BOOMING.  Tried 40 and
it was also very good....then went to sleep thinking we might have picked the
wrong 12 hours to do our sprint...the first 12 were looking good.

Saturday morning Bill K3WI arrived and we got off to a very slow lack-luster
start on 15 meters after thinking it would be the barn-burning band.
Conversely, 20 meters, which I was sure would be awful, did fairly well for the
first few hours.

Eventually both bands were slow, with 15 meters pulling quickly into the lead.
 20 remained slow until late afternoon...however 15 picked up.  The end of our
12 hour sprint came quickly and we shall see who won.

That was a fun way to spend one day by the radio without using up the entire
weekend....of course we didn't stop there....read the WY3P entry to see the
rest of the story (yes, we reset the logs at 7:00pm Saturday and started all
over again).

73,

Jim   WX3B