[3830] WPX CW IT9VDQ(@IR9Y/IB9T) SO(A)SB10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, it9vdq@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW IT9VDQ(@IR9Y/IB9T) SO(A)SB10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 10:36:59 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: IT9VDQ
Operator(s): IT9VDQ
Station: IR9Y/IB9T

Class: SO(A)SB10 HP
QTH: JM68QE
Operating Time (hrs): abt 30

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10: 1348
------------

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

Sicily, in spring season, has normally a very warm and sunny condition.
Normally..... but not always... mostly in contest's weekends! In fact, on
Saturday , it was raining all the day long, with a lot of lightning, winds, and
thunders. Loud static noise, made me listening almost nothing for hours. To
complete the "picture", there have been a couple of main power
failures too! Sunday, fortunately, was a good day, but a single rain event in
the morning. I liked very much sharing part of the IR9Y/IB9T station together
with my friend Joe IT9BLB in this contest; he engaged in 15 meters Single/Op HP
Assisted category. At the end, I was able to "overwrite" my previous
IT9 category's record, despite of the poor conditions. Saturday morning:
disappointing and just poor Sporadic-E to EU and only few JAs. In the
afternoon: few stations from US, but they were present. Sunday: good opening
toward JAs in the morning and again few Qs on the US path, looking hardly for
each of them. Pleasant sharing the race with a close friend of mine, Art IK7JWY
( IQ7AF ), via live chat, exchanging opinions and advices. I also was one of the
few italian stations connected to the livescore page