[3830] WPX CW P49Y(AE6Y) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, andrewfaber@ymail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW P49Y(AE6Y) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 11:56:41 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: P49Y
Operator(s): AE6Y
Station: P49Y

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Aruba
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:   46
   40: 1114
   20: 1020
   15: 1146
   10:  502
------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was deja vu all over again -- QSOs, Pfxs, score all within 1% of 2012.
Conditions were generally good, though 80 in particular was very noisy and
relatively unpopulated.  10 wasn't as much fun as it can be, but there seemed
to be endless stations on 15.
   Thanks to the many fine operators that can make a CW contest, when
everything is clicking right, a grand activity.  There also were some who
struggled with hand sending.  I almost lost a frequency listening to a station
trying repeatedly to send the number 12 properly.  Unfortunately, I have to put
myself in the same category this weeken.  Instead of bringing my Begali mono
simplex from home (for me, the best paddle to use for proper sending), I
foolishly had set up our old Bencher pddle for hand sending.  I never really
liked it, and now I remember why.  The Bencher needs to be pushed around hard
(at least as we have it set), but it was moving around on the table, with the
result that my hand sending got worse and worse as I got more and more tired.
Many apologies to those who heard NA? or NL? or some other variant when I meant
to send NR?  It got so messy that near the end of the contest I yanked it out
and replaced it with an N0SA paddle that I can use much more clearly. Next time
I won't forget to bring the Begali from home as I usually do.  Sorry!
   Thanks to everyone who gets on for this really enjoyable event (and thanks
to the organizers for running it and requiring 12 hours of off time for single
ops -- really appreciate getting some sleep and not hallucinating on Sunday!).
   Rig: K3/P3, Pro2, Alpha 91B, 86
   Ants: 2 el 10, 5 el 15, 4 el 20, 2 el 40, 1 el 80, C31, beverages
   Software: CQPWIN ver. 12.7
   73, Andy, AE6Y
   www.arubaqth.com