[3830] WPX CW NO5W SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NO5W SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 01:42:03 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: NO5W
Operator(s): NO5W
Station: NO5W

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 7

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:    3
   20:   78
   15:   80
   10:    2
------------

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

Equipment: K3/100, HiQ-4/80, 2002 Pathfinder

Great fun even from the confines of the Pathfinder. With 15m in good shape I
was able to add several new ones to the mobile DX count including A65, BY, and
3V. I would have put in more time, especially the first night, but about 0245z
I got escorted from the park where I had positioned the mobile shack with 20m
going gangbusters. I guess the security patrol was trying to figure out what I
was up to as they sat alongside the Pathfinder for what seemed like 10-15
minutes, then there was the flash (I suppose they took my picture) and a bull
horn announcement "This area is closing in 10 minutes -- move on".
That was the end of the Friday evening operating but I was back on Sunday
morning in the same spot for good openings into Europe and Asia on 15m. I kept
checking 10m but never heard much.

Always great fun to work some of the finest CW operators on the planet. Thanks
to all for pulling my signal out of the QRM and noise.

73/Chuck/NO5W