[3830] ARRL June VHF N9DG Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF N9DG Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2014 03:21:24 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  337   151  Total Score = 66,440

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

Some tropo to the mid Atlantic on 144, 222, and 432, plus some decent, though
not barn burning 6M Es as well from about the mid Atlantic to Rocky mountains
and desert Southwest. And also some good 4 band capable local rover activity to
help out the Q counts.

The equipment all performed great, no problems of note with any of it. And I
had pretty much trashed my voice by early Saturday evening, this despite my CQs
being mostly done via voicekeyer. I know I was yelling into the mic when I
really didn't need to, so I'm sure that is what trashed my voice sooner than it
would have been otherwise. Good thing the TX audio chain has a peak limiter
built-in, and that it was doing its job (I hope) to keep me from over-driving
the TX audio on the bands.

The TX count numbers (I have PTT counters for all of my bands that count every
time that a band is put into TX):
50 MHz TX count ~1060
144 MHz TX count ~1440
222 MHz TX count ~220
432 MHz TX count ~300

For total of ~3020 TX key-ups across all bands. I was on operating for about 25
hrs of time for the contest. That comes out to about 2 transmissions per minute
somewhere across the 4 bands for the entire time that I was on operating.

Gear �" All PC based SDRs and transverters running SO4R:
50 MHz - OpenHPSDR Hermes SDR (#1) - DEMI transverter, 150W brick, HG 66S
144 MHz - OpenHPSDR Hermes SDR (#2) - DEMI transverter, 160W brick, CC 17B2
222 MHz �" Flex-5000 - DEMI transverter, 100W brick, M2 222-7WL
432 MHz - OpenHPSDR Metis/Mercury/Penelope SDR - DEMI transverter, 100W brick,
M2 432-13WL

I'm once again really quite pleased how 222 has kept pretty good pace with 432.
Getting on 222 is well worth the effort..