[3830] All Asian CW VA7DZ M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] All Asian CW VA7DZ M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2014 17:50:27 +0000
                    All Asian DX Contest, CW

Call: VA7DZ
Operator(s): VA7DZ VA7KH
Station: VA7DZ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: VICTORIA BC
Operating Time (hrs): 27

  160:    0     0
   80:    2     2
   40:   33    25
   20:  170    92
   15:  262    91
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  467   210  Total Score = 98,070

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Condx not terrific here on the Wet Coast.
However, 20 was OK in the mornings, 15 was OK to good in the afternoons
and we managed a nice run on 40 around dawn on Sunday. About 2300Z on Sunday
*all* Asian signals disappeared - either everybody went home an hour early or
15 and 20 both died.

A lot of very good JA ops as usual, and some new guys getting their contesting
feet wet, good to see.
I was struck by the numbers of JA ops in their 70s and 80s  who still do a FB
job of CW contesting. [Maybe there's hope for me too...!]

It was good to see and work Asians in Oman, Qatar, Armenia & Cyprus [Who
knew that they were in Asia? Not me.]

Eric VA7DZ