[3830] RAC Day WN6K SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Day WN6K SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2014 05:04:19 +0000
                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Vista, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 12:44

  160:    0      0       0         0
   80:    0      0       0         0
   40:   29     28       5         6
   20:  100    100       7         9
   15:   74    100       9         8
   10:    0      0       0         0
    6:    0      0       0         0
    2:    0      0       0         0
Total:  203    228      21        23  Total Score = 137,896

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

FT-5000 @100w out
SteppIR -DB18 @55ft. (40-6m)
OCD @50ft. (160/80m)

There are a couple events during the Contest Year that occur on a specific date
- I had forgotten about this one because "Are not ALL contests on
weekends?" So having started 4hours & 22min behind the gun, there was
not much cooking in the pot at my start time. So my 40m totals were pale. I
milked it till about 0630 or so till I quit for the night.

I kept up with the 'spurts' of activity on the local morning but got enough
reading time in to finish another book.  Don't know what was going on with the
sun but there were times, the band noise was awful with QSB waves of 15sec
intervals...but without the fun of real surfing for sure.

Nice friendly contest and getting to work someone else than VEs helped keep one
glued to the radio....62% of QSOs made were VEs. 23 DXCC countries worked.  I
only worked 4 JAs which kind of surprised me...perhaps they were staying in
background so as to not dominate bandwidth...

(I had a great time ushering in Dylan's 12th year though.)