[3830] IARU K9CT SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, craig@k9ct.us
Subject: [3830] IARU K9CT SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 13:07:07 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9CT
Station: K9CT

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 22
Radios: SO2R

  160:     0    0       0        0
   80:    57    0       3        9
   40:   300    0      17       31
   20:  1021    0      38       37
   15:   562    0       7        6
   10:    21    0       7        6
-------------------------------------
Total:  1961    0      92      122  Total Score = 1,502,922

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

The activity was very good and prop not too bad....10 and 160 was left hanging.
The WRTC competitors had plenty of attention and should have every opportunity
to score. 20m was open all night to EU but got a bit rough from 3 to 5 pm.
Sometimes the band was open to everywhere at once regardless of antenna
direction!

We had several storms move through and the QRN was terrific. Lots of lightning
and rain static just made it hard to hear. Rate dropped and sometimes I just
had to walk away from the radios. At 3:30 am I decided enough was enough and
took a nap until the last hour of the contest. Missed my goal of 2000 qsos but
still was happy with the result.

Congratulations to the WRTC teams....terrific operators and fun to work.

73, Craig K9CT