[3830] IARU K4OJ(WF3C) SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, fcg@kkn.net
Subject: [3830] IARU K4OJ(WF3C) SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 14:07:33 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K4OJ
Operator(s): WF3C
Station: W4MLB

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: SFL
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:
   80:
   40:   336           19      16
   20:   365           20      14
   15:   483           25      30
   10:    24            8       6
-------------------------------------
Total:  1208    0      72      66  Total Score = 494,316

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

No 80m antenna at W4MLB this year, so made do with 40m-10m. I kept checking 10m
for activity; I thought there might be a decent EU opening, but it was not to
be.

I ran as much as possible this year, which explains my low mult totals. I kept
telling myself that I needed to move frequencies or bands rather than be
content with runs of 1-point zone 8 stations. I think I succeeded for about the
first 16-18 hours, but as I got more tired I lost my concentration. I set as a
goal to average 3 points/qso without knowing if that's any good or not, and
almost made it. My math says 2.965.

It was nice to get out and make a run at it. Thanks to AF4Z and the gang at
W4MLB for maintaining the club station.

IC765 + Harris RF103A @ 1.5KW
Moseley Pro67C @ 60'
A4 @ 30' fixed NW (not phased with the Moseley)