[3830] IARU IO4T(IK4ZGO) SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ik4zgo@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU IO4T(IK4ZGO) SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 13:08:14 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: IO4T
Operator(s): IK4ZGO
Station: I4LEC

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Sasso Marconi BO
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    33    0       4       19
   80:    79    0       6       20
   40:   309    0      15       29
   20:   707    0      34       38
   15:   563    0      30       37
   10:    56    0       8       18
-------------------------------------
Total:  1747    0      97      161  Total Score = 1,479,630

Club:

Comments:

For the 2014 IARU contest Claudio I4LEC hosted me once again in his beautiful
station.
This time there was a nice upgrade to try: traditional radio was interlaced
with a SDR, using the IC-775 as trasmitter and a Flex 1500 for listening. Wow!
Band conditions seemed pretty good except 10m where s/p was the only way
possible, unlike from 15,20 and 40 where I've done several hours at 100+ qso.
A big local thunderstorm tried anyway to spoil the party but the SDR
peculiarity allowed me to hear signals trough the big QRN.
At the end I think it was a good result as SO1R, even though I should have to
try put in the log a greater number of zones and HQ for improve the final
score.

A big thanks goes once again to Claudio I4LEC and his wife Francesca for the
usual and pleasant hospitality, and Andrea IK4VET for allowing me to use his
contest call IO4T.

See you on the next one!

Stan IK4ZGO