[3830] IARU OP4K M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, op4k@telenet.be
Subject: [3830] IARU OP4K M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 13:38:00 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: OP4K
Operator(s): OO7K OP4K OP5T
Station: OP4K

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Antwerp
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    27    12      4       19
   80:    28    19      4       20
   40:   118     8     10       22
   20:   545   289     39       45
   15:   297   247     35       46
   10:    38    50     10       25
-------------------------------------
Total:  1053   626    102      177  Total Score = 1,716,966

Club: Antwerp Contest Club

Comments:

We have planned a 5 man operation for the contest. Only OO7K Ken - OP5T Jim and
myself signed present.
As propagation was a big question-mark we were not sure if the high bands would
be alive, but they were (except for 10m).
The late JA opening on 15m was not there so time to go check the low bands.
In summer it's of no use to spend a lot of time on 160 and 80 due to QRN but
one sure needs to get these HQ mults.
Best band was definitely 20m almost open day and night.
It was a lot of fun as well as to work the WRTC stations.
We only can hope that propagation will be going on for a long time.
Thanks to all who called and made it into our log but sorry for the ones we did
not hear / copy / work. Better luck next time.

Setup
Yaesu FTDX5000MP
Acom 2000a
Optibeam OB18-6 for 10-15-20-40m
Dipole for 80m and 160m
N1MM

73 Joe for and on behalf of the OP4K crew