[3830] IARU W1DYJ SO SSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] IARU W1DYJ SO SSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 17:10:02 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:
   40:          26      3      13
   20:          82     16      24
   15:          64     14      20
   10:          11      5       1
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     183     38      58  Total Score = 47,904

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Operating Summary -- Rig: TS2000 -- 100% S&P
Band    Antenna                 Conditions
160     none                    na
80      Shortened Dipole @ 7M   One weak station heard -- no Qs
40      Dipole @ 7M             Finally became alive after dinner
20      HB Moxon @ 12M          GOTO band in the afternoon, good all day
15      HB rot. dipole @ 11M    GOTO band in the morning, good all day
10      HB 5el @ 10M            Not that great, only SA all day

Comments
-------------
Last year, because of WRTC testing -- I was a member of the FABULOUS K1KP BEAM
TEAM -- I jumped into this contest for the first time at the last minute and
enjoyed it.  SO...

This year I thought I would get more serious.  Knowing that I had to get up
early Sunday to help the FABULOUS K1KP BEAM TEAM take down four sites -- and
the three active ones were in the top 10 -- I knew I would have only during the
day to operate, shutting down the station around 9pm EDT.  My goal was to double
last year's score.  Well, after doubling it, I went for another doubling.  After
reaching that, I decided to go for 5x -- but 9PM finally came and I shut down,
missing the 5x by 3000 points.

But it was great fun -- I ran into a number of WRTC stations when they were
running, and having that connection made this a special event.  Congrats to all
the WRTC participants -- winners all!