[3830] CQWW VHF AG6RB/0 SOSB/6 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wsmitchell3@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF AG6RB/0 SOSB/6 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 21:18:22 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: AG6RB/0
Operator(s): AG6RB/0
Station: AG6RB/0

Class: SOSB/6 LP
QTH: EN34
Operating Time (hrs): 6

    6:  19     15
    2:
-------------------
Total:  19     15  Total Score = 285

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

Built the 6 m Moxon during the first few hours of the contest with N0HJZ and
W0ERP.  The mast still needs work, and for the few hours on Sunday where I was
operating, the antenna was around 15' above ground, though still 20' or more
beneath the tops of most of the buildings in the area.  Lots of apartments and
townhomes nearby, but a moderately clear area to east-southeast.  Many of the
signals I heard were fading quickly, going from noise level to booming in and
back in a few seconds.

I had fun building the antenna, and it seems to work well despite the poor
location.  For next time, it will have a new mast and a better location.