[3830] CQWW VHF VE7XF SOSB/6 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF VE7XF SOSB/6 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2014 21:25:48 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: VE7XF
Operator(s): VE7XF
Station: VE7XF

Class: SOSB/6 HP
QTH: CN89
Operating Time (hrs): 12

    6:  171    64
    2:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  171    64  Total Score = 10,944

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

The prop gods giveth, and the prop gods taketh away!
This year, they seem to have taketh away.

If I'd known that Sunday was going to be so good, I'd have paid more attention
on Saturday. I let many local Qs go past on Saturday, after not hearing
anything on the band for days (weeks, maybe!), expecting the contest to be a
bust.

The band opened for me about 1700z on Sunday, and stayed open until the end of
the contest. I even had a couple of 4 QSO minutes, pretty good for 6m!
Nice to hear lots of CW activity, too.
Overall, about 1/2 of last year's score.

Ralph, VE7XF
K3, P3, SB-220, 6M7JHV @ 55'