[3830] CntyHntCW NU0Q Mobile LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nu0q@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CntyHntCW NU0Q Mobile LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 13:56:01 +0000
                    County Hunters CW Contest

Call: NU0Q
Operator(s): NU0Q
Station: NU0Q

Class: Mobile LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 16

------------
   80:
   40:   32
   20:  547
   15:    1
   10:
------------
Total:  580  Counties = 187  Total Score = 495,550

Club:

Comments:

Lots of activity and lots of fun.  Thanks to all who followed me around Iowa and
Illinois.  After running Des Moines County, I finished up running all counties
in Iowa first time.  I was able to provide a few 'last counties' for some
people on this trip and picked up a few new ones myself.  QSB was challenging
at times.  Propagation on Saturday seemed to favor short skip while Sunday was
better for DX.  This was the first trip with a new car, and all seemed to work
well.  Occassionally, my receiver got swamped by nearby loud fixed stations
since I had the noise blanker on.  We saw W9MSE/M heading the opposite
direction on U.S. 20 in Delaware County, Iowa but we were too busy running to
QSY and work him.  Near the end on Sunday, we headed north to a few extra
counties.  Thanks to W3DYA for keeping this event going this year along with
all the other mobiles who made it a big success.  73, Bill.