[3830] NAQP CW ZF2DX(@ZF1A) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aluminumtubing@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW ZF2DX(@ZF1A) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2014 05:40:25 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: ZF2DX
Operator(s): ZF2DX
Station: ZF1A

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: ZF
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:    2     2
   80:   45    27
   40:  294    44
   20:  402    50
   15:  472    56
   10:   50    24
-------------------
Total: 1265   203  Total Score = 256,795

Club: Cayman Amateur Radio Society

Team:

Comments:

Felt like a lid most of the contest trying to figure out how to operate from
down here.  I busted several easy call signs including fellow Arkansan K5UR and
then preceded to fumble around on the keyboard until I got his call correct.  I
wasn't really sure the best way to utilize two radios in this contest.  Running
on two bands simultaneously is probably the best way to maximize points,
especially on the high bands.  However, my skills, and hardware, (SO2R setup)
aren't ready for dueling CQs.  I wasn't prepared for how bad 80 and 160 would
be from the Caribbean into the U.S. in the summer time.

Had to take an unscheduled off time about one hour into the contest due to
lightening strikes near by.  Also took off the entire last hour of the contest.
My goal going into the contest was:

160   20     10
80    100    35
40    225    55
20    425    55
15    425    55
10     20   10
     1215       220      267,300

Ten was better than expected, but it was still quite bad.  Looking at my
numbers, I should have spent more time tuning for mults.

73
Kevin, ZF2DX/N5DX