[3830] NAQP CW N5RZ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb5aar@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW N5RZ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2014 05:50:28 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: N5RZ
Operator(s): N5RZ
Station: N5RZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   49    23
   80:  147    38
   40:  236    45
   20:  332    46
   15:  273    44
   10:   96    29
-------------------
Total: 1133   225  Total Score = 254,925

Club:

Team: DFW Contest Group Orange

Comments:

Interesting condx.  15M was gangbusters at the beginning & I ignored 10M
pretty much.  But 10M was open good later mid afternoon with good E-skip in all
directions.  20M was lethargic and worked hard to get what I did.  Had two bad
hours during 2200Z & 2300Z which hurt.  40M & 80M were as expected, but
160M was a surprise  -- a bit noisy, but good skip to the East Coast.  Time was
up at 0501Z, so probably missed some mults on 160M.  Mults in general were
down, but had enough of an opening on 10M & 160M to help with the total.
I imagine there will be some really huge scores!  I'm pretty sure this is my
best August score ever.

Thanks to all for the Q's!  This is a fun contest!

73,  Gator

Rigs:  Elecraft K3  x 2   Bandpass filters available, but were unneeded.

Antennas:

10M: 6 el @ 70' fixed NE &  4 el @ 50' fixed NW
15M: 5 el @ 70' fixed NE &  3 el @ 55' fixed W
20M: 4 el @ 70' fixed NE &  TH6DXX @ 50' to NW & dipole @ 50' NW/SE

The TH6DXX was also available to 15M & 10M.
Also had a LP@ 140M available to 10M 15M & 20M - not used much
20-15-10M antennas combined with WX0B Stackmatches

40M: dipole @ 50'  fixed E/W
80M: inverted vee @ 105'
160M inverted L

Hi-Z 8 circle receive array used on 160-80-40M

N1MM Logging software.   The operator is a very poor typist - sri to all for
the screw ups.