[3830] NAQP CW K1TN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jamesdavidcain@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K1TN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2014 08:56:00 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K1TN
Operator(s): K1TN
Station: K1TN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FLA
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:   28    19
   20:  112    37
   15:   37    16
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  177    72  Total Score = 12,744

Club:

Team:

Comments:

K1TN/Wisconsin is history. In three years there I made about 30,000 contest
QSOs. I lacked one QSO for 6-Band WAS from there: Alaska on 160.

I bought a condo in WCF and moved in on July 21. Was anxious to see if indoor
wires would work (concrete and stucco building) in my 2nd (top) floor crib so I
taped two antennas to the ceiling, a coax-fed dipole for 20M and a 33-ft end-fed
wire for 40 and 15. Got them to work using just the TS-590 internal "SWR
Tweaker."

I guess the results speak for themselves.

My crib is on the end of the building and has palm trees on three sides so I
should be able to sneak a wire or two outside.

NAQP CW is my favorite contest(s) and the timing was perfect to give me an idea
of how this new place might play. My aspirations for future contesting are very
low.

This isn't my first operation from Florida. I was on from Tampa in the winter
of 1988/89 when I was between jobs.

Jim Cain
At the New K1TN Superstation
West Central Florida