[3830] NAQP CW WB8RFB Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb8rfb@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW WB8RFB Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Aug 2014 15:37:05 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: WB8RFB
Operator(s): WB8RFB
Station: WB8RFB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 6.5

  160:    3     3
   80:    9     6
   40:  109    36
   20:  115    36
   15:   18     8
   10:    4     3
-------------------
Total:  258    92  Total Score = 23,736

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC Fried Snickers

Comments:

Recovering from May hospitalization so about 2 hours of "BIC" at a
time and then a half-hour break was about my limit.  Conditions were rough
during the first few hours, especially on 40 and 15.  They never got good on 15
with signals disappearing into the noise level so working those contacts was an
effort.  10 was just a quick after-thought after reading a message on the
reflector suggesting that we check 10 just in case.  Glad I did as it was three
fairly quick multipliers gained for less than 15 minutes time invested.  I don't
really have an antenna up for 160/80 but managed a few more multipliers there
late in the event also.  Achieved my goal of doubling my number of QSO's from
the last CW QP so felt good about that.  More station improvement needed to
increase future numbers though, but having the PC keyboard interfaced with the
rig and auto frequency logging now working helped immensely.  Next up is a
WinKeyer and antennas for the low bands.  Just have a 18' ground-mounted
vertical for 20 and up and an end-fed 66' wire up 15 feet right now.