[3830] WAE CW JG1VGX(@JG1ZUY) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jg1vgx@jarl.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW JG1VGX(@JG1ZUY) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2014 08:42:47 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: JG1VGX
Operator(s): JG1VGX
Station: JG1ZUY

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: QM05bg
Operating Time (hrs): 31
Radios: SO2R

   80:    5     0    2x4
   40:  111   114   23x3
   20:  467   424   37x2
   15:  711   763   41x2
   10:   31     0   11x2
-------------------------
Total: 1325  1301    255  Total Score = 669,630

Club:

Comments:

Had a blast though it was felt like an average condition.
Problem is that a typhoon (#11, Halong) has just hit our land over the contest
weekend. Western JAs (JA3,4,5,6) suffered more severely explaining the lower
participation this year.

Ten meters was useless again, but thanks to 2R strategy I was able to grab some
Qs. Fifteen was a work horse during daytime into the evening but rather slow to
open so couldn't make decent runnings until 5z. After local midnight it was
switched to 20m as usual.

Fun to send QTCs even with weaker stations. DLs were more serious obviously but
also enjoyed to work many more casual participants from various countries.

Had to quit early around 19z Sunday (= local Monday) while bands were still
open due to work commitment on Monday. Now I have to say I was only lucky that
I could drive home safely through the 'typhoon swept' dirty mountain trails
with lots of debris and fallen branches.

Thanks for all Q(SO and TC)s!
Sure to make another effort in September.

73 rin JG1VGX

QTH: @JG1ZUY (Kimitsu, Chiba, QM05bg)
     A hilltop location in the Boso Hill Range (250m ASL)
Antennas:
- 3.5 trapped RDP
- 7/14/21 Create 714XX trapped tribander (3/5/5)
- 28 7L monobander
- 14/21 trapped DP (for sub)
Power: genuine legal 1kW
SO2R with micro2R