[3830] NAQP SSB ND0C Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, randydvm@iw.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB ND0C Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 06:08:08 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 9:58

  160:    0     0
   80:   27    15
   40:  121    39
   20:  220    43
   15:   29    15
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  397   112  Total Score = 44,464

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Team: MWA #1

Comments:

This was my first NAQP in 1 1/2 years due to schedule conflicts - it was nice to
get back into the fray!  Had a lot of fun as usual.  And the whole atmosphere
always seems very friendly in NAQP.  Great contest.

10 was dead here and I had very high noise levels on 80 and 160. There was much
going with 15 either, but fortunately 20 and 40 held together pretty nicely.  I
was able to get some decent runs on 20 which is always a bonus when running
QRP.  I was pleasantly surprised at how well I was being heard on 40 and even
80 (at least when I called the stations I could hear over my noise level!).

The ND0C "super-station":
  Rig: Yaesu FTdx3000d with 5 watts output
  Antennas: Cycle 24 TX-38 tribander at 40', 40 meter rotatable dipole at 42'
and inverted vee with tuned feeder with apex at 38'

73,
Randy, ND0C