[3830] NAQP SSB K9GY Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9gy@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K9GY Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 12:02:44 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: K9GY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: EN61fn
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:  34     23
   20:   9      4
   15:   1      1
   10:
-------------------
Total:  44     28  Total Score = 1,232

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC Don't Be Cruel

Comments:

RIP Elvis (deceased Aug 16, 1977)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elvis_Presley

Not sure how ELVIS gets converted to ALVIN but it happened way too many times!

Maybe it was the Icom supplied microphone?

Someone even mentioned I used Ziggy in a previous contest...
Thus the reason those pre-loaded exchanges are....well...you know...outdated!

I'm putting Mr. Microphone away for a while now!

Used the contest as motivation to hook up the new Icom IC-7100. Some learning
curve on that plus hook up time too. Still trying to get the radio and WL to
talk to each other for freq/mode. Touch screen is a change from anything used
before.

Went to the Chicago Air + Water show earlier in the day so missed at least half
of the contest due to that. Had a nice bicycle ride along the Lake Shore Drive
bike path. The USAF F-22 Raptor and also USN Blue Angels were awesome! Tons of
people on the beaches watching, wow! Best moment was when an older WW2 plane
(P-51?) and the Raptor flew together....some history there!

When's the next CW contest?!

Best of health to all,
"Elvis"