[3830] NAQP SSB K8ND Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K8ND Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 12:56:00 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: K8ND
Operator(s): K8ND
Station: K8ND

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: OH
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   42    19
   80:  194    36
   40:  399    51
   20:  272    38
   15:   42    13
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  949   157  Total Score = 148,993

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team: MRRC A

Comments:

Doing a full-time effort in this contest is another step in my getting more
active in domestic contests. The station needs a lot of work. 1) No SO2R; 2) No
160 antenna (used 80m inv-V @ 70-feet with tuner); 3) No RX antennas for 160/80;
4) No voice keyer; 5) Spontaneously disassembling footswitch; 6) Fragile headset
cable: two spare headsets are in local UPS center returning from Heil for
repair. I'll try to take care of these before Sweepstakes.

10m was useless; 15m was open to a few selected areas and with fast QSB; 20m
was long and I was never able to work any W3, W8, and most W4 mults; 40m was
very good; 80m/160m would have been better with a receive antenna or two to
help with the storms that passed nearby.

Radio: K3
Antenna 20/15/10: KT34XA @ 70-feet
Antenna 160/80:   80m inv-V at 70-feet