[3830] NAQP SSB KG4IGC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg4igc@att.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KG4IGC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 17:12:56 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Summerville, SC
Operating Time (hrs): 09:25

  160:    0     0
   80:    0     0
   40:  151    37
   20:   88    25
   15:    5     1
   10:
-------------------
Total:  244    63  Total Score = 15,372

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Team: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

First time doing NAQP as a team, had a great group of guys on my team. SFCG
team: KG4IGC, W4ANT Alan, K7OM Ted, NJ4F Dave, and our guest operator KR1ST
Alex In Pennsylvania. KM4RK was originally on our team but the lightning curse
of the SFCG took him out before the contest started. Hopefully he will be back
on the air soon. Many Thanks to Dave NJ4F for filling in for him. Worked mostly
20 and 40 meters, tried 15 but was only hearing stations from California, and no
mults. Band conditions were not optimal, and seemed focused on the mid West and
West coast. 10 meters dead the whole contest. I was surprised that I did not
hear any Hawaii or Alaska with all the California stations booming in at S9.
Ran into WN4AFP Dave on 40 while I was running stations and he was at two
hundred something Q's, while I was still in the low 100's. Had a nice QSO for a
few minutes with Dave and went back to the pileup. Also got to work KR1ST Alex
on 20 and 40. SSB contests are really not my thing but I have to say, with this
being a 12 hour contest, it was kind of laid back and very enjoyable.
Rig: Yaesu FT-DX3000
Power:100 watts
Antennas: Horizontal Loop and 6 band Homebrew Hex