[3830] NAQP SSB W1TJL Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W1TJL Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 21:19:22 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: W1TJL
Operator(s): W1TJL
Station: W1TJL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: East Hartland, CT 06
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:   27    15
   80:  137    27
   40:  262    37
   20:  274    40
   15:   33    10
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  734   133  Total Score = 97,622

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team: Central Connecticut Contesters

Comments:

As usual this was FUN contest.  Short enough as to not be too tiring and long
enough to really get into it.  Conditions were iffy - 10 meters was not even a
band - just 1 contact and that was ground wave to Jay (W1UJ) but 160 was OK
considering the C antenna that I use for it was on the tower that fell over and
was just maybe 35 ft about the ground.  Amazingly it had a good SWR curve and
loaded fine.  I'm sure the clouds were nice and warm last night - well at least
as warm as my 100 Watts could get them.  So I managed 27 contacts and 15 mults
on 160.

The day began with the repair of the 80/75 mete ground plane which had been
torn down when my neighbor was cutting some trees and dropped it on the
feedline and radials.  Got that back up and reconnected and playing.  I'd been
watching the bands from noon on to see if there was ANY propagation on 10 or 15
and there was a little on 15 but not much.

Mostly ran and did a bit of S&P.  No other equipment issues and I took a 30
minute break for dinner and ended at 12:30 AM.  Operating time 10 hours and off
time of 30 minutes.

If I could have done 1 thing better it would have been to PUT THE CONTEST ON
THE CALENDAR!  Kinda sprung it on Susan - I swear I told her, she swears I
didn't and the lack of a calendar entry is evidence my memory is not as good as
it should be.  :-)  Note to self, update the family calendar for ALL the
upcoming contests.

I hope everyone had as good a time as I did!

73, Tom W1TJL