[3830] NAQP SSB KT8TD Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bgraham@huronnet.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KT8TD Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 04:08:48 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: KT8TD
Operator(s): KT8TD
Station: KT8TD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 4

  160:
   80:
   40:   7      4
   20:  25     18
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  32     22  Total Score = 704

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Operated from the family cabin on the shores of Lake Huron in Presque Isle
county with a barefoot KX3. It was putting out 10 Watts into a 20M Inverted V
with the apex at 20' AGL.  The antenna axis was roughly N/S so 20M brought in
East Cost stations and West Coast stations.  40M was short during my 4 hrs from
1800Z to 2200Z with only OH, IL, IN, and MN.  No MI stations on either 20M or
40M.

This was my first outing with the KX3 and it was a blast running portable from
my truck using a deep cycle marine battery for power.