[3830] KsQP KG4IGC Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg4igc@att.net
Subject: [3830] KsQP KG4IGC Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 05:22:32 +0000
                    Kansas QSO Party

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Summerville, SC
Operating Time (hrs): 8:31

   80:    0      0      0
   40:    0      0      0
   20:   33     46
   15:    0      0      0
   10:    0      0      0
    6:    0      0      0
    2:    0      0      0
----------------------------
Total:   33     46      0  Mults = 45  Total Score = 8,895

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

Had a great time in the Kansas QSO Party. This was my very first time in this
particular QSO party, and I have to say, I really enjoyed myself. I like the
idea of the 1x1 calls as multipliers to go along with the County multipliers.
Many TNX too the op's that put the Counties on the air, and a special thanks
goes out to the guys who were mobile(W0R, N0K, K0A and K0Y). Thanks to you guys
and gals, I was able to work about half the state!! I am not sure, but I think
that I spelled out Kansas, Sunflower, & QSO Party. That was a nice twist,
looking forward to seeing the certificates with the ham radio postage stamps.
Propagation was great on twenty on Saturday, and not so great on Sunday. I
listened out on 40 for KSQP stations, but the ones that I did hear were very
weak. Nothing as usual on 10 and 15 was full of DX. After working this QSO
party, I have come to the conclusion that they are really fun and plan on
becoming more active in the State QSO parties in the future. My next one is
going to be the South Carolina QSO party, of which I hope to re-take the QRP
first place award :)

Rig: Yaesu FT-DX3000
Power: 5 watts
Antenna: Home Brew 6 band Hex @ 20'