[3830] KsQP W0E(KI0I) Mobile Unassisted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] KsQP W0E(KI0I) Mobile Unassisted LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 13:43:36 +0000
                    Kansas QSO Party

Call: W0E
Operator(s): KI0I
Station: W0E

Class: Mobile Unassisted LP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 10:54

   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  986     1       0  Mults = 48  Total Score = 142,080

Club:

Comments:

Wow what a hot qso party! Really! the hottest wx of summer so far! This
 was my 2nd year in KQP and upped the score by almost 50k! And solo!
 Sat. went smooth and as planned ,even got ahead one county on my sked.
 But Sun. was a stress test. Left the home QTH with a half-baked plan
 and at the first stop on the Linn-Bourbon line, good old murphy froze
 up N1MM while on 15m.Worked perfect the day before....what the heck?
 So I avoided 15m and more freeze ups and it cost me my goal of 1000
 q's as i had hoped . Looked possible by Sat. nite and I came close ,
 but not to be.. I have yet to break 1k qso's in any contest. Maybe
 another time. I tried some fone  cq'ing but my patience is poor so
 when five or ten calls goes unanswered I tend to move on. So this time
 all CW again.      Another fine job of coordinating by Bob
 (W0BH) as he has done in the past.  Heard a lot of qso's going on
 while i motored from site to site. I couldn't help but think a lot of
 op time was being wasted ,but that's solo- rover life!   Most
 of the countyline stops i found had powerlines overhead  so I had
 trouble with lighter signals and I'm sorry for that. Those powerpoles
 are hard to see on google maps hihi..I searched out each stop and
 pinned it on my iphone and that worked really well. Even gave me the
 E.T.A. to pinned site. Our age of electronics is amazing but when your
 PC freezes..........oh well.                 Hey I hope everybody had
 a good time , will be fun to read all the soapbox stories! 73 til next
 time Mark W0E/ KI0I