[3830] KsQP N0JK Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] KsQP N0JK Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2014 22:50:01 +0000
                    Kansas QSO Party

Call: N0JK
Operator(s): N0JK
Station: N0JK

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Douglas
Operating Time (hrs): 6

   80:
   40:   15     1
   20:   36
   15:    2
   10:    2
    6:    3     2
    2:
----------------------------
Total:   58     3       0  Mults = 33  Total Score = 6,039

Club:

Comments:

6 meters had a strong though limited footprint Es opening around 1700z Saturday.
WF7I, K3KLC and NG2O were quite loud. Bert, WF7I in Virginia was 59 using just a
M2 loop up 12 feet. I had planned to go out portable to Chase county, but it was
way too hot. I worked Friday night, so tired as well and not up to fighting the
heat. I operated from home in Douglas County. No HF antennas up  - so on 10
meters I used a mag. mount whip on the BBQ grill. 10 was open! Logged K9NW and
N8II with the whip. Mobiles should keep an eye on 10, as when open, signals are
loud and those are easy Qs. For 20 and 40 meters I used the rain gutter on the
side of the house. It worked surprisingly well and I was able to hand out Qs
with it in the KQP including N6MU. Best DX with the gutter was KH6LC on 15 and
KH6CE on 20. Also picked up W1AW/8 Ohio.