[3830] NA Sprint CW K9GY LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9gy@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K9GY LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2014 04:21:54 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: K9GY
Operator(s): K9GY
Station: K9GY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 3

   80:
   40:  71
   20:  11
---------------------
Total:  82     Mults = 32  Total Score = 2,624

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC Scarecrow

Comments:

CQ CONTEST from Tinman!
We all remember the Wizard of OZ movie - right?!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_Woodman

First contest for the Icom IC-7100 so was fun to break it in.

I was wishing for G.O.D. to intervene (Good Old Days). Seems like participation
was way down from years past?! Maybe I'm an old timer now, hah! Not sure why the
CW Open contest is the same weekend?!

I hate that when I call CQ and the answering person DOES NOT SEND THEIR
EXCHANGE (and must QSY too!). I removed K3UA from the log because of it... And
for heaven sake please don't send a leading "T" for numbers (or send
the whole ZERO)!

Just giving out points (and the freq) by calling CQ mainly. Wasn't sure how I
would feel before the contest since I went sailboat racing on Lake Michigan
earlier in the day which resulted in sea sickness (or should it be lake
sickness). Maybe I should have used the name PUKER, hah! Mother Nature strikes
again! Lost some time getting a pizza for the family for dinner.

Icom IC-7100, Cushcraft vertical, 100 watts, Palstar AT-2K tuner

Until we meet again on the airwaves,
TINMAN