[3830] NA Sprint CW K6CSL LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6csl@sbcglobal.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K6CSL LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2014 05:44:17 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - September

Call: K6CSL
Operator(s): K6CSL
Station: K6CSL

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SJV
Operating Time (hrs): 03:22

   80:   5     0:31
   40:  20     2:53
   20:  12     1:36
---------------------
Total:  37     Mults = 17  Total Score = 629

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC #2

Comments:

I was 50 minutes late into the sprint due to computer problem that was caused by
my having called the "Geek Squad" to solve a problem with a severe
reduction in the size of text displayed on my computer. They made some changes
to settings that just covered up the problem rather than solving it. I
discovered I had to undo several changes the Geek did, and sub some of my own
to finally make it that I could open and use my N3FJP NA Sprint Log. They also
managed to delete some 20 of my apps and pubs from my Desk Top. Thank God I had
everything backed up. I will never again ask them to try to assist again. I now
really think that "professional" computer techs should be licensed
and regulated for competence by the state or federal government. It's a let the
buyer beware" Situation as it is. It's kind of like the "Tech
Buddy" system that AVG Premium Subscribers had access to. Last December I
had an occasion to ask them for some help with an E-Mail problem I was having.
They messed up my computer so badly that I had to reformat my Hard Drive.
Again, Thank God for backed up files. Any way what was left of the Sprint was
fast and fun. TNX to all the KB'ers who gave me points on 40 and 80. 73's to
all. Bert, K6CSL.