[3830] NA Sprint SSB NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k6ufo@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB NN7SS(K6UFO) QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 04:14:26 +0000
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest - September

Call: NN7SS
Operator(s): K6UFO
Station: NN7SS

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: WA
Operating Time (hrs): 2.3

   80:   2
   40:   8
   20:  32
---------------------
Total:  42     Mults = 23  Total Score = 966

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Team:

Comments:

My goal was to use the Remote station to make 30 QSOs. Hey, its QRP on SSB
with very unsettled propagation conditions, I thought 30Q was a reasonable
goal.
The SSB setup was new and confusing. I don't operate SSB weekly like I do
for RTTY and CW.

First hour on 20m I managed  26 QSOs without getting trampled by the
Kilowatts, SSTV, Nets and Special Events. Barely an answer to my CQs,
so mostly Search-and-Call-Call-Call and hope nobody else calls, since I
lose every pileup. Lots of weak stations I couldn't work, lots of close-in
Mults too weak to work. Eventually there was nobody new and loud
enough to hear me on 20m, so I took a break. Why? Because it was
still 90 minutes before sunset - way too early for 40m. I came back an hour
later and finished up my 30 QSO goal. Took another hour break - still before
sunset... Then operated the last hour on 40m and 80, but so few people could
hear me on either band.

NN7SS Burt WA (K6UFO op)

20m: C-31XR at 71ft
40m: Force 12 Delta 240 at 78ft