[3830] ARRL Sep VHF WB4OMM Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb4omm@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF WB4OMM Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 02:58:14 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  103    35  Total Score = 3,605

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Yaesu FT-2000, Heil ProSetPlus, AT-1000Pro, HP Compaq dc7800 MiniTower dual
core; HY-GAIN VB-64DX 4 Element 6M Beam 40', Yaesu G-450A Rotator; 2 N1MMPlus
contest software.
Slow to start, only 5 Qs (3 grids) in the first two hours...until 2021Z
Saturday afternoon!  The band opened from NC to ME, including CT, NY, NJ, PA,
MA, NH, OH, MD, WV,VT, DE, VA, and Wash DC, until 2200 UTC, with many 59+
signals...including a VE in ON! I made a total of 90 Qs and 29 grids in that 99
minutes - the rate meter on N1MM+ has me listed at a rate of 3.0 per minute or
180 Qs an hour at 2135Z!!  Wow!  What a rush!  Seems like EL99 was a new one
for most of them  too!
I returned later Saturday night for a while, and made 5 more Qs and 3 more
grids in about 3 hours.  On Sunday I made only 3 more Qs and no new grids in
about 6 hours of monitoring.
Last year, I made 12 Qs and had 3 grids over the two days.  What an improvement
this year was!
Great opening, was glad I was there for it!
73 to all,
Steve WB4OMM