[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K9JK/R Limited Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9jk@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF K9JK/R Limited Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 04:28:01 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  203    49  Total Score = 13,622

Club: Badger Contesters

Comments:

Total Mults includes the eight Grid Activation 'bonus' multipliers.

In addition to the 10.5 estimated operating hours, I estimate approximately 8
hours for fuel stops (me and the CoROVERolla), necessary stops (just me) and
other drive time while NOT operating. And I had the gall to sleep overnight as
well.

66 QSOs from driving a 349 mile loop on Saturday up through Wisconsin with 5
Grids Activated. The balance of 137 QSOs were completed on Sunday in Illinois
'close' to home, only traveling 68 additional miles visiting 3 new grids (and
revisiting one of the Wisconsin grids on the Illinois side).

Most contacts were with stations in Illinois (122 Qs with 16 different fixed
stations and 4 other rovers) followed by Wisconsin (64 Qs with 11 different
fixed stations and 1 other rover). 10 additional contacts with a rover in
Indiana and seven more Qs with three Michigan fixed stations, no other states
contacted (or even heard).

Of the 30 different fixed stations and 5 other rovers that were contacted, ALL
were contacted at least once on 144 MHz; 21 fixed and 3 rovers on 50 MHz, 15
fixed and 4 rovers on 432 MHz and 11 fixed and 2 rovers on 222 MHz.

Top Station worked was W9GA with 23 total Qs 4 bands x 5 grids I visited and
missed on 222 MHz from a 6th grid.

I had fun and kept it safe...satisfying my primary goals.

Thanks to all who were on and active in the contest, especially to the
stations
with which I was able to complete QSOs. Thanks to ARRL for their continued
sponsorship of the September VHF Contest.

73, JK